Broadview Ventures is a mission-driven investment organization
Broadview's primary investment goal is to improve human health in the areas of cardiovascular disease and stroke. We define success as improving human health by bringing innovative technologies to patients.
The mission and structure of Broadview Ventures can be traced to the Leducq Foundation and its supporting organization, the Leducq Charitable Trust.
French entrepreneur and industrialist Jean Leducq, together with his wife Sylviane, created the Leducq Foundation in Paris, France. The source of support for the new foundation was the proceeds from the sale of the family’s international linen and uniform services businesses in Europe and in North America, which took place the following year. Having strong ties in both Europe and in North America, the Leducqs decided to orient the foundation to support internationally collaborative research in cardiovascular disease and stroke, initially targeting the grant program to investigators from the two continents where they had lived and worked.
Broadview Ventures was created to address the translational gap by providing seed and early-stage funding via equity investments in companies developing innovative technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Broadview Ventures supports the Leducq Charitable Trust in identifying appropriate and promising investments, ultimately made by Broadview Ventures I, LLC, the investment vehicle of the Leducq Charitable Trust.
The Leducq Trust created an independent investment vehicle – Longview Ventures. Longview’s strategy is to make follow-on investments in Broadview portfolio companies that are poised to achieve significant value-creating milestones with their next financing round.
Improving human health is our number one priority
Broadview’s dedication to cardiovascular medicine ensures that impactful science and technology reaches patients in need. Our approach is based on the following principles:
- Invest in great science backed by outstanding management teams
- Focus on novel mechanisms and innovative technologies that advance the field
- Leverage access to global thought leaders in cardiovascular science, medicine, technology, and business issues to identify and address development hurdles
- Utilize our extensive expertise in the cardiovascular space to activity support management teams as they navigate strategic and operational challenges
Where Broadview Invests
Since 2009, Broadview has advanced its mission by investing in 49 companies.See Our Portfolio
Broadview focuses on key cardiovascular and neurovascular indications along with underlying pathways and risk factors to improve patient outcomes, including but not limited to:
- Heart Failure and Structural Heart, Arrhythmias, Peripheral Vascular
- Underlying Pathways – Inflammation, Insulin Resistance, Atherogenesis
- Pre-disposing Factors – Hypertension, Diabetes, Obesity
- Co-morbidities – Cardiopulmonary, Cardiorenal, Sleep Apnea
- Neurovascular – Stroke
- Digital Health
- Preference for first institutional financings (Seed and/or Series A)
- Focus on translational development – pre-clinical through clinical proof-of-concept
Global investment footprint, with a portfolio currently diversified across North America, Europe, and Israel.