Broadview Ventures is a mission-driven fund. Its primary investment goal is to improve human health in the areas of cardiovascular disease and stroke. We define success as improving human health by bringing innovative technologies to patients.
The mission and structure of Broadview Ventures can be traced to the Leducq Foundation and its supporting Trust, created in 1996 by French entrepreneur and industrialist Jean Leducq, together with his wife Sylviane. Motivated by a multi-generational family history of cardiovascular illness, and inspired to work at the international level through years of living and working abroad, the Leducqs established a foundation for cardiovascular research with a mission to improve human health through international efforts to combat cardiovascular and neurovascular disease.
In 2008, Broadview Ventures was created to address the translational gap by providing seed and early stage funding via equity investments in companies developing innovative technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
In 2019, due to the mission and financial success of Broadview Ventures, the Trust created a new investment vehicle – Longview Ventures. Longview’s strategy is to make follow-on investments in Broadview portfolio companies that are poised to achieve significant value-creating milestones with their next financing round.
Where We Invest
Over the past 12 years, Broadview has advanced its mission by investing in 41 companies.
Broadview addresses key cardiovascular and neurovascular indications, risk factors, and pathways to improve outcomes:
- Heart Disease – Heart Failure, Structural Heart indications, Electrophysiology / Arrhythmias
- Vascular Disease – Central and Peripheral Vascular indications, including Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction, Aortic pathology, and Peripheral Vascular disorders
- Neurovascular – Ischemic Stroke, Hemorrhagic Stroke, Intracranial Aneurysm
- Cardiometabolic Disease – Obesity, Type II Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome
- Underlying Pathways and Risk Factors – Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, Inflammation, Dyslipidemia, Thrombosis
- Therapeutics – small molecules, biologics, genetic medicines, cell and gene therapies
- Devices – implantable, interventional, and remote monitoring devices
- Diagnostics – stand-alone or companion diagnostics, including in vitro, imaging, and digital technologies
- Preference for first institutional financings (Seed and/or Series A)
- Focus on translational development – pre-clinical through clinical proof-of-concept
- Global investment footprint, with portfolio diversified across North America, Europe, and Israel
Broadview Ventures reviews investment opportunities on a rolling basis. To be considered, please send us an investor presentation of your company or technology. We will respond in 7-10 business days.